Dropbox is a very efficient tool for sharing documents and other files. By all means, the application doesn’t have to be complicated. In addition, the features should be intuitive and user-friendly.
That doesn’t always happen. Lots of people have had problems trying to share files in Dropbox. The following error messages are usually displayed when this happens:
- share failed
- You do not have permission to link to this file
- You are not authorized to perform this action
- there are too many files
So in this article, we are going to show you how to fix these annoying problems once and for all.
How to Fix Dropbox Not Allowing me to share files
1. Sharing Failed
If the error message Sharing failed is displayed, check to see if this option is disabled for the person you are trying to share the file with. The user is probably part of a Dropbox business team that doesn’t allow members to receive invites or files from non-team users. The team administrator is the one who can change the setting to enable file sharing.
2. You are not authorized to perform this action
You do not have permission to perform this action (or you do not have permission to link to this file) error appears when the owner of the file or folder does not allow other people to share it with other users.
Additionally, you may have read-only access to the file. To resolve this issue, contact the owner of the file to change your privileges.
3. There are too many files
- Open Dropbox from the browser.
- Click Files.
- Rename a folder with too many files.
- Click New Shared Folder.
- Select I want to create and share a new folder.
- Click on Next.
- Add a name for this folder.
- Add the email addresses of the people you want to share with.
- Select Share.
- In the Dropbox app from your computer, open the old folder you wanted to share.
- Open your new shared folder.
- Paste files from the old folder into the new shared folder on Dropbox.
These are solutions to some of the major issues with sharing files and folders in Dropbox.
I hope you understand how to fix Dropbox not allowing me to share files. After following the steps, you can’t fix it. So don’t worry. You can leave a comment in the box and we will help you quickly with your reading.