It’s simple to upload files to your Dropbox account, regardless of whether you have a basic or commercial subscription.
You can upload, share, and access files and folders via Dropbox’s mobile apps or directly from your web browser, making it one of the top cloud storage providers.
Here are detailed instructions on how to upload a file to Dropbox if you want to share files with others or simply need to free up space on your computer or mobile device. On your Mac or PC, as well as the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device, you can perform this using the Dropbox website.
How to use a PC to upload files to Dropbox
Dragging and dropping files from your hard drive into Dropbox is the quickest method for doing so.
- Log in to your Dropbox account by visiting the website in your favourite web browser.
- Enter the folder where you want to upload the file. As an alternative, you can upload the file directly to your Dropbox account.
- From your hard drive, find the file you wish to upload and drag it into the browser window.
- Your file gets uploaded when you drop it into the window.
You can choose the files to upload by browsing your hard drive in addition to using the drag-and-drop method.
- You will be directed to your account’s homepage after logging into Dropbox. There will be a list of choices on the page’s right side. to “Upload files,” click.
- Click “Open” after selecting the files you wish to upload.
- After selecting an existing Dropbox folder for the file or making a new one, click “Upload.” You’ve uploaded your file.
How to use the Dropbox mobile app to upload files
- Sign in to Dropbox after downloading the program to your iPhone or Android device.
- On the Home screen, press “Create” just below the plus sign at the very bottom.
- Select “Upload File” after tapping “Create or Upload File.
- Use the browse feature to locate the file you wish to upload, then press it.
- A screen asking you to choose the folder the file should be uploaded to will appear. Click “Choose a Folder.” By tapping the file’s name on this screen, you can easily rename it.
- You will be returned to the previous screen, where you can now press “Upload” after selecting a destination for the upload.
As long as you have your Dropbox login information, you may view your file once it has been uploaded, share it with others, and use it on any computer or mobile device.